Controller as defined by GDPR
Pfeilgasse 3a, 1080 Vienna
ZVR number: 431442523
Telephone: +43 1 40176
No data protection officer is appointed as this is not legally required.
Protecting your personal data is very important to us. We thus process your data exclusively on the basis of the legal regulations (GDPR, Telecommunications Law 2003). In this data protection information, we inform you about the most important aspects of data processing within our website.
This website uses SSL encryption for reasons of security and to protect the transfer of confidential content, such as the data that you enter in our online registration. You can identify an encrypted connection in that the address bar of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and a lock symbol appears in your browser bar.
When SSL encryption is activated, the data that you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
We wish to point out that data transfer over the Internet (such as communication by e-mail) can be subject to security vulnerabilities. It is not possible to completely protect data from being accessed by third parties.
1. How do we collect your data?
Data is automatically collected on our side by our IT systems when you visit the website. This is above all technical data (e.g. Internet browser, operating system or time of the page view). This data is collected automatically once you access our website.
Data is also collected when you send us an e-mail or complete the online registration.
2. Data collection when visiting our website:
Our website uses what are known as cookies. These are small text files that are stored on your device with the help of the browser. They do not cause any harm.
If you do not want this to happen, you can set your browser so that it informs you about the saving of cookies and you only permit this on an individual basis.
The functionality of our website may be restricted if cookies are deactivated.
2.2. Web analysis with Google Analytics
This website uses functions from the web analysis service Google Analytics. The operator is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses such target-oriented cookies.
You can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Alternatively, you can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link (precise instructions can be found at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/#disable ). An opt-out cookie will be saved that prevents the collection of your data when visiting this website in the future.
This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp()" so that IP addresses are only processed in an abbreviated form to prevent them being directly linked to a particular individual.
2.3. Google Maps
2.4. Server log files
The provider of the website automatically collects and saves information in what are known as server log files, which your browser automatically sends to us. They are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Accessed website
- Time of server request
- IP address
This data cannot be allocated to specific people. This data is not combined with other data sources. We reserve the right to subsequently check this data if we become aware of specific indications of illegal use.
3. What data do we save?
If you contact us by e-mail via the e-mail addresses listed on the website, the data stated by you is saved for the purposes of processing your enquiry and in the event of subsequent questions.
3.2. Online registration
We require the data that you send to us in the online registration form in order to make you suitable offer for a place in one of our student residences. You provide us with the following data over the course of the registration process:
- Personal data, such as surname, first name, title, gender, date of birth, nationality
- Address data, such as street, postal code, federal state, city, country
- Contact details e.g. telephone, e-mail, emergency numbers
- If applicable, also special categories of data in order to take into account accessibility and your particular needs
- Date of arrival and departure
- Vehicle details in the event of hiring a parking space
4. For what purpose do we save your data and what are the legal bases for this?
We save this data in order to make our prospective residents a corresponding offer, to process stays in our student residences, to allow usage fees and other services to be billed, and to uphold our legal claims.
The legal bases for these data handling processes are:
- The fulfilment of our pre-contractual measures and contractual obligations towards you,
- Legal obligations on our part (e.g. Student Residence Law, Federal Fiscal Code, documentation laws and obligations according to accounting, contracts and legal disputes), as well as section 96 of the Telecommunications Law and
- Our legitimate interests in the efficient handling of contractual preparations, the fulfilment of the purposes of our association, and to take into account the right of proposal of third parties.
5. To whom do we send your data?
If you do not enter a contract with us, we will not pass on your data unless we are legally obliged to share this information with courts and authorities.
If you accept our contractual offer, the following data can be sent to the recipients below:
- Your bank details, account holder and SEPA mandate data to our bank
- Your name and your room number in the student residence to postal services
- Your name and your room number in the student residence to residence representatives
- Your name, address and billing-related data if required to our legal representatives, tax consultants and debt collection services
- If you come from Upper Austria, Vorarlberg or South Tyrol, your name and home address can be sent to the respective state government.
6. For how long do we save your data?
How long your data remains saved is dependent on the applicable statutory retention obligations, other legal obligations and statutory periods of limitation for potential legal claims.
7. Your rights
You can request information about your personal data that is saved by us at any time free of charge. As a data subject, you also have the right to object, information, erasure, correction, restriction and transfer concerning your personal data, where no legal retention obligations on our part prevent this.
For more information about your rights and the exercising of these as a data subject, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be happy to help you further.
If you believe that the processing of your data infringes against data protection law or your claims under data protection law have otherwise been infringed upon, you can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Austria, this is:
Austrian Data Protection Authority
Telephone: +43 1 52152-0
For reasons of readability, gender-specific expressions have not been used on the website and in the data protection statement. If personal designations are only given in the male form, this refers equally to men and women.